Oakmont Mission Statement
Oakmont Regional High School provides an inclusive, nurturing environment where students pursue academic excellence, practice respect, think innovatively, and prepare for life-long participation in an ever-changing global society.
In our pursuit of academic, technological, and personal excellence, the Oakmont learning community will act responsibly, be self-directed, communicate clearly and appropriately, address and solve problems, and practice respect.
We are responsible when we
- account for our actions, attitudes words and their consequences;
- consider others’ needs;
- reflect on our actions and respond accordingly;
- accept constructive criticism;
- use technology ethically;
- contribute fully while collaborating with peers.
We are self-directed when we
- prioritize academic tasks and manage time effectively;
- make decisions in pursuit of a healthy lifestyle including nutrition, physical fitness, and preventative care;
- make informed, thoughtful decisions regarding our emotional, physical and mental health;
- conduct ourselves appropriately in a variety of social situations;
- work diligently, independently or within collaborative groups.
We communicate clearly and appropriately independently or collaboratively when we
- read actively and critically for information and understanding;
- write clearly and accurately for a variety of purposes;
- speak clearly and appropriately for the audience;
- listen attentively and openly to others;
- use multiple modes of creative expression;
- demonstrate cultural and digital age literacy.
We address and solve problems independently or collaboratively when we
- adapt to ever-changing learning environments;
- look for analytic and/or creative ways to identify, describe, and solve real-world problems;
- research, interpret, evaluate, analyze, and synthesize information from verbal, printed, and digital sources;
- demonstrate curiosity and intellectual risk-taking
We practice respect when we
- accept others with kindness and openness;
- expand our awareness of and appreciation for the global community;
- treat others ethically with honesty and integrity;
- accept diversity and recognize the different ways we learn, think, look, and live.
- Critical Thinking: Reading, listening, and research skills to gather, interpret, synthesize and evaluate information while using a variety of methods and technologies.
- Communication: Demonstrate learning through creative, multiple modes of expression which include but are not limited to various technologies.
- Responsibility: Demonstrate responsibility by being flexible and adaptable while working independently and collaboratively to accomplish tasks.
- Decision-Making: Plan for and make healthy lifestyle decisions.
- Citizenship: Understand the rights and responsibilities of a citizen in a diverse democratic society and be thoughtful, accepting, reflective, and active citizens in the school and larger community.
Student Activity Account